Several of the Trusts consider applications for charitable projects in the following areas:
In the UK
- Arts and education projects in Southwark
- Civil liberties and human rights
- Practical autism projects
- Support for older people and their carers
- Family welfare
- Youth work
- Christian mission, education, evangelism, media and art
- School inclusion
- Sustainable environments, food or finance
- Conservation of industrial, maritime and built heritage
- Display, study or purchase of British ceramics
- Regional museums and galleries, especially curatorial support and purchase of objects with local significance
- Restoration and repair of cathedrals and major churches
Outside the UK
- Healthcare (particularly mother and infant health) in Anglophone sub Saharan Africa
- Access to secondary and tertiary education in Anglophone sub-Saharan Africa, especially for girls
- Better quality teaching in Anglophone sub-Saharan Africa
- Heritage conservation in south-east Europe, Turkey and Ethiopia
- Trachoma prevention and treatment in Ethiopia
- Christian evangelism and relief projects in sub-Saharan Africa, Ethiopia, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq and Iran
- Sustainable community-based agriculture in Africa
If you believe your project fits these descriptions, please make your enquiry using the form below.
Applications by email will not be considered.
Please describe your organisation (max 250 characters).
Please tell us what you plan to do, why you will do this, where and when the work will happen, who will benefit from the project, how they will benefit and how you will measure this. We can only fund charitable projects. Please check that it is clear from your description that you are applying for funds for a charitable project (max 2000 characters).
Once you submit your application you should receive an email confirming we have received it within five minutes. Please check your junk folder if it doesn't appear.
You may also apply by post to The Sainsbury Family Charitable Trusts, The Peak, 5 Wilton Road, London SW1V 1AP. Your enquiry should be no longer than 2 sides of A4 and provide the same information as the form. Please do not send books, brochures, DVDs, annual reports or accounts.
If you have any questions please call: 0207 410 0330.